Sunday, May 2, 2010

CONCEPT ART

There's an explanation to all this on my blog. Bit of a mish mash of styles. Well, actually more of a sutble genious infusion of artistic talents.

For the backgrounds; Fritz the Cat gets off with Bernard Buffet
For the characters; Quentin Blake breeds with Tim Hope

The line style will be a bit wonky, a bit naive. And the colours bold and 60s/70s. But excluding the lime green tye dye stuff.

Guess which one is henson and which one is dave?

Nope, other way around. I think it would be funnier if Henson was the smaller one in a tie. And Dave was a bit of a moustache wearing, hairy armed, all bark no bite.....dipstick.

That's right. I played on your expectations!.. AND TURNED IT ON IT'S HEAD!!








1 comment:

  1. Nice work! I have also designed a dave and a henson... we can decide which characters to use when we all meet again. I don't think Uni is open tomorrow but we could still meet in the afternoon if you guys r up for it? I could meet Sam in the morning to finish looking over/editing the rough storyboard.

    ReplyDelete